A complete milk replacement feed for newborn kittens and a complementary feed for pregnant, lactating or sick cats.
- Enriched with DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) which is naturally present in a mother cat’s milk.
- Easily digestible, Lactol Kitten Milk provides the correct balance of oil, necessary vitamins, minerals and trace elements as well as a wealth of essential amino acids, including vital taurine, for the very best start in life.
Weaned kittens - complementary feed
- Below 6 weeks of age, Lactol Kitten Milk can be given as a complementary feed.
- Use up to 40ml per kg bodyweight daily.
- Over the age of 6 weeks and for adult cats that are pregnant, lactating, sick or convalescing, up to 13ml of Lactol Kitten per kg bodyweight can be given.
Lactol Kitten Milk is recommended for:
- Orphaned kittens and those not suckling well, as a weaning aid and as a nutritional supplement for pregnant, lactating and/or sick cats.
- Prepared Lactol can be kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours, but should be reheated to blood temperature for young animals prior to use.
How to mix Lactol Kitten Milk:
- Add Lactol Kitten Milk to warm (not boiling) water and stir until completely dissolved.
- Allow to cool until lukewarm (38ºC or blood temperature). Lactol Kitten Milk can also be mixed with cold water for older pets.
- Always keep fresh drinking water available.
- The use of suitable feeding equipment is highly recommended, such as the Beaphar Feeding Set or Beaphar Syringes. These should always be clean and sterile, especially for young animal.
- A measuring spoon is provided, which can be found inside the lid. Add 7 levels spoons (31g) to every 100ml of warm water.
Recommended daily amount:
- It is impossible to give precise daily quantities for feeds due to variation in age, size and breed. On-demand feeding is the most effective. However, our suggested daily guidelines are given in the table. Each kitten should be weighed regularly to ensure it is putting on weight and growing as expected.
*After 36 days, slowly change to a more solid diet. One litre of prepared Lactol contains approximately 1250 Kcals.